Friday, October 23, 2009

B Never Too Busy To Be Beautiful - Part the Second



So little time, so much to do! I took the pictures for the second part of my B Never Too Busy To Be Beautiful feature days ago and never got around to actually writing the review. But now, with the aid of a pot of tea, I'd like to show you my second eyeshadow palette, the B Safe Eyeshadow Selection Box.

Interesting trivia: I bought this box in June, I think. Some time after the Lifeball, as this box is a Limited Edition created for that occasion and that also explains the why and wherefore of B Safe. I'm not sure if it's available outside of Austria.
What you get is the usual B Never Too Busy To Be Beautiful palette. It's totally over the top, encrusted with beads and sparklies. I'm don't really like that style when it comes to cosmetics' packaging, I much prefer sleek minimalistic boxes and tubes. As I described in my last post, there are five pans of shadow, each containing 0.4g  of product for 49.90 € (but I got it during a -50% sale).
Five shadows in the green (and partially blue) range... how could I resist? These are the colours you get in the B Safe palette:

  • Banger - shimmering and glittery pale silvery green: very soft and great for a gentle wash of green on the lids
  • Bay - satin bright blue-green: good colour, but a hard shadow and difficult to apply and blend
  • Brag - shimmering (kind of golden) olive: great for a more neutral look; great pigmentation and another softie
  • Boogie - satin bright green-blue: the texture is similar to Bay, nice and bright, bugger to apply
  • Beatrix - shimmery light green: great texture, more of a cool green


whole palette - artificial light:




swatched on plain skin - artificial light:



swatched on ArtDeco eyeshadow base - artificial light:



swatched on Alverde Gel Liner as black base - artificial light:



I was surprised when I noticed that technically I have two pans of Beatrix, one in each palette. But when I compared them I noticed that they are quite different, the one in B Safe is a cool green, the one in B Selected is warm.

Beatrix and Beatrix swatched on ArtDeco eyeshadow base - artificial light:


So, that's it for now. I'll check the B store in case of a sale before they close. I do like the shimmery eyeshadows, but all in all, the products are overpriced.
Any thoughts? Questions? Feel free to yell if I forgot to give you important facts.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...