Saturday, October 10, 2009

NotD Silver Ribbon

Are you having a nice weekend? I find dreary weather ideal for nail art, but not so good for photography.
But I have to admit, I don't care much for for my current manicure. It's an experiment in freehand nail art and I'm not that talented. What I tried to achieve was a ribbon snaking across my nails, but it looks more like random lines. Fail. But you get to see it anyway...
Here's what I used:


  • claire's polish in glittery charcoal, unnamed and without number
  • Eyeko Disco Polish: It's practically pure glitter, not ideal for nail art
  • LOOK by BIPA nail tattoo liner 3 black: those are pretty good, but I've seen cheaper ones


I really like the glittery charcoal coloured polish by claire's as it applied well and was opaque in two coats, my third coat was definitely unnecessary. I have a couple of photos of just that polish, but I couldn't take a sharp natural light one, despite many tries.

natural light:



with flash:



Then I painted a wobbly line across the nails in Eyeko Disco and then tidied up the outline in LOOK nail tattoo liner.

with flash:




I think it's an o.k. design, but not terribly thrilling and the thickness of Eyeko Disco Polish isn't suited to painting freehand. Well, at least I have gained some ribbon-painting experience and I get to repaint my nails. Something funky with green and pink, maybe.

What's on your nails today?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...