Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Swatches: Barry M Green Gift Set

You might remember that I mentioned the polish from Barry M Green Gift Set when I showed you my Liquid Leather NotD. I happened to apply it yesterday and thought it would be neat to swatch the whole set today. So without further ado. Here's what I have to say:
When I opened the box I found four products, in very different shades of green.

artificial light, no flash:


with flash:


  • Limited Edition Duo Kohl Pencil - 1: One side is black, the other golden light olive green. They're quite soft and can be smoked out easily. Only downside is that they smudge too easily, especially on oily lids.
  • Dazzle Dust - DDG1: The Dazzle Dust is not as striking as I had hoped, but very usable. It's just a little bluey, fairly sheer and glittery. I recommend always using some kind of base for loose shadows.


artificial light, no flash:




  • Glossy Tube - MGLG: This appears to be the same as the gloss sold separately. I love it, it's really comfortable to wear and the bubblegum scent isn't overwhelming. Of course, the pictures don't do the colour justice. It turned a great shade of hot pink on me.


with flash (because the colour doesn't come across at all without):




  • Nail Paint - NPG2: The polish doesn't have a name; it seems to be available only through this set and just for this I'd buy the whole set again! The SA at the MAC counter actually asked what polish it was, and believe me, people don't usually ask or comment in Austria. The flash pic is closer to the actual colour.


artificial light, no flash:


with flash:


This set is really good. I don't use the Kohl a lot, but that's more because I have a bunch of 'em. The Nail Paint and Glossy Tube are amongst my absolute favourite products. Ever.
I also bought the Touch of Magic Lip Paint and I'll review it later, so come back in a bit!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...