Friday, November 13, 2009

NotD Autumn Swirl

For once I'm doing something that actually matches the season. I originally tried something more complex, but my freehand skills still suck, so I'll try it again in a couple of weeks.
But for now I have a Nail of the Day that's based on a polish I mixed a few months ago. I don't have a 'recipe' for this one, I just poured together various shades of orange and bronze and a bit of pink. The result was a very pleasant shimmery peachy orange.



First I did my usual basic application of nail treatment, ridge filler, two coats of polish and Seche Vite. Check out the gorgeousness of that frankenpolish:



Then I painted a swirly design on my nails, first in brown, then golden and coppery glitter. A layer of CND Air Dry, and the manicure was finished!



A couple of questions for my readers:
Do you prefer a full list of the polishes I used or is this format better?
Should I put a teaser pic above the cut?

2 comments:

Lavender said...

Wow! really nice color.. so full of zest...love it. do visit me, to see my nail designs..

CucumPear said...

Thank you, Lavender. I'm so impressed by the intricacy of your designs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...