Monday, November 9, 2009

NotD NYX Jungle

To my eternal shame I have to admit that I've had NYX's polish in Jungle for some time and this is the first time I've used it. Huge mistake, this colour has blown my mind and it is now one of my favourite polishes! Though I own very few colours that I don't love, thanks to the swatches all the lovely bloggers seduce me with.

As I usually do with a new polish, I first did a basic application:
  • LOOK by BIPA Stop Split Vitamin Booster
  • CND Ridge Out
  • NYX Nails NP 30 Jungle (3 coats)
  • Seche Vite



In the bottle Jungle looks like a dark forest green with gold shimmer: pretty, but not like it would be amazing on the nail. When I applied the first coat, however, it was more of a blueish green and the shimmer rather silvery. Instant love!
This polish is quite runny, the first coat showed some brush marks, but it was even after the second coat. I stopped after three coats, but as you'll see in the picture, Jungle was nowhere near opaque at that point. One thing that annoyed me: Seche Vite and Jungle dry well together, but there is plenty of shrinkage. Because I capped my nails the tips are not bare, but the polish looks much thinner.



As I loved the colour so much, I decided to do a very subtle Konad pattern and to add a few rhinestones. I used image plate m3 and Konad's Princess Polish in Silver to stamp stars onto every nail. Then I applied Konad's top coat, pressed star-shaped rhinestones onto the biggest star on three nails and sealed them in with a coat of Seche Vite.


Turned out very nicely, I think:


Overall, NYX Jungle is great: smooth application and beautiful colour. But if you dislike semi-sheer finishes you might want to apply an opaque polish in a similar shade first. This is my only NYX polish, but I think that might change!
Have you tried anything by NYX?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...