Sunday, November 29, 2009

NotD - Spongebob, Patrick and Squidward

After approximately 18 hours of watching Spongebob Squarepants I started painting my nails Spongebob style. Annoyingly, my top coat smudged my already less than thrilling Squidward nail art. We are not amused.
Here's what my nails look like (pre-clean-up, sorry):



Pinky: Squidward's tentacle:

  • Paint nail with two coats of Eyeko Lilac Polish for lovely nails.
  • Mix Lilac Polish with a minuscule drop of Eyeko Vamp Polish for nasty nails and apply a few dots.
  • Draw half-circles around the dots with Spooky Nails 2 in 1 nail tattoo liner.

Ring finger: Spongebob:

  • Apply two coats of Barielle Lemondrops.
  • Mix s-he 393, s-he 378 and essence multi dimension 39 spice and use this mixture to paint circles and ovals of various sizes.
  • Draw a wobbly line with Spooky Nails 2 in 1 nail tattoo liner.

Middle finger: Squidward:

  • Mix China Glaze White on White with Eyeko Pastel Polish for nice nails and Essence Secrets of the Past 02 Meet You in Budapest. Apply two coats of this colour.
  • With Spooky Nails 2 in 1 nail tattoo liner draw on Squidward's face. I kinda messed it up. :-P
  • Mix a bit of s-he 393 with China Glaze White on White and fill out the eyes.
  • Add pupils with a dark red or reddish brown nail art pen. Bonus points if you manage to get the shape right.

Index finger: Patrick:

  • Mix Eyeko Pretty Polish for neat nails with two unnamed pink claire's polishes and paint the nail in two coats.
  • Add a bit more of the darkest pink and apply a few random dots.
  • Draw on Patrick's navel with Spooky Nails 2 in 1 nail tattoo liner.

Apply a nice non-smudging top coat, for example Konad's + Seche Vite, and you're finished!


I'm really diappointed at how the Squidward nail turned out. If anyone decides to try something similar I would love to see it!

9 comments:

Evil Angel said...

I have to say, as a huge Sponge bob fan, that this is one adorable mani!

CucumPear said...

Thank you, Evil Angel!

gildedangel said...

That is so cute!

CucumPear said...

Thanks, gildedangel, I blame the Spongebob overdose.

Anonymous said...

Ηеllo, Νeat post. Τhere is an issue
togethеr with уour site in intеrnеt еxploreг, wοuld cheсk thіs?
IΕ nonetheleѕѕ is the marketplace leаder аnԁ a goοd seсtіοn of people will mіss your grеаt wгiting due to this problem.


Fеel free to surf to my web page ... just click the following web page
my site > Read More In this article

Anonymous said...

When Ι inіtiаlly сοmmented I clіcκed the "Notify me when new comments are added" cheсkbоx аnԁ now each tіme a comment
is adԁеd I get thгee emaіls
ωіth the samе соmment. Is there any
way yοu can remove рeоplе fгom that
serѵicе? Τhankѕ a lot!


My web site; hcg diet results

Anonymous said...

Good day! This is my firѕt visit to youг blog!
We are a collection of voluntеerѕ аnd
ѕtarting a neω ρroject in a community in the ѕame nichе.
Youг blοg providеd us useful information to work on.
You hаve done a wonderful jοb!

Alsο νisit my раge; pure hcg
My website: hcg success stories

Anonymous said...

This іѕ very interesting, You're a very skilled blogger. I have joined your rss feed and look forward to seeking more of your magnificent post. Also, I've shared your web site іn
my soсial netwοrks!

my homepagе ... www.clenbuterol.cc

Anonymous said...

Good day! This post couldn't be written any better! Reading through this post reminds me of my good old room mate! He always kept talking about this. I will forward this post to him. Pretty sure he will have a good read. Thank you for sharing!

Here is my web site :: hcg diet injections

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...