Wednesday, November 18, 2009

NotD - What is the Matrix?

Whenever I start preparing my nails for a fresh manicure I spend quite a long time trying to think of a theme or design. I have finally started a list, so I'll hopefully remember to jot down ideas as inspiration strikes. Now I just have to develop my fine motor skills to actually pull my ideas off.
Today I attempted to do some freehand nail art inspired by a movie I've loved ever since it came out a decade ago, The Matrix.

This is what I used for this manicure:

  • Sally Hansen nailgrowth miracle - I switched back to this after my recent surge in torn and broken nails.
  • CND Ridge Out - I really needed to even out my patched nails and general ridginess.
  • China Glaze Liquid Leather - I love, love, love this black polish!
  • Seche Vite - You've probably noticed how much I love this top coat.
  • Spooky Nails  2 in 1 nail tattoo liner - I would have preferred a shimmerless neon, but it worked well enough.
  • CND Air Dry - I really like using this top coat for sealing nail art.


How to do The Matrix:
  • Apply one coat of nailgrowth miracle and Ridge Out.
  • Apply two or three coats of Liquid Leather and seal with Seche Vite.


  • The tricky part: Get a few screencaps if the Matrix code and use the green nail art pen to draw vertical lines of similar symbols on each nail.
  • Seal with Air Dry.


I love this one! Next times the code might even look neat and Matricy.

6 comments:

Nora said...

What a fantastic idea and a nice job, the colors are really great together!

CucumPear said...

Thanks, Nora!

L said...

Thats hot!

CucumPear said...

I'm so glad you like it, L.

Daily Nail said...

I totally dig this. I might steal the idea at some point (I'll credit you, of course! :))

CucumPear said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your version, Melissa!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...