Tuesday, December 8, 2009

NotD - Doctor Who Day Two - TARDIS

Today I chose the TARDIS as the inspiration for my nail art. Don't we all love her to bits? Who needs a Chameleon Circuit, anyway?
This TARDIS manicure took a lot of mixing colours and using brushes that aren't meant to be used for nail art. How does Melissa do it? I will give them a few more tries, but I will definitely get some proper nail art brushes.

I used these products for today's manicure:

  • Sally Hansen miracle cure
  • CND Ridge Out
  • custom blue as base colour, two coats, looks so much TARDIS-ier in RL
  • custom blue-grey for the shading
  • Spooky Nail 2 in 1 nail tattoo liner in black
  • Seche Vite
I forgot to take a photo after applying the base colour, so this is the manicure before adding the outlines with the nail art pen and striping brush:

And the finished nail:

If you had a TARDIS, where and when would you go first?
I'd go back in time to ancient Italy, I'd love to hear real Latin and Etruscan!


gildedangel said...

That looks really great!

CucumPear said...

Thank you, gildedangel.

Mighty Lambchop said...

Love it! Doctor Who is one of my all time favorites.

CucumPear said...

Thanks, Mighty Lambchop. I was converted quite thoroughly by a friend. :-P

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...