Tuesday, December 1, 2009

NotD - Hugging the Tree of Pearls

What do you do when the base polish is so pretty you don't want to cover it up with a lot of nail art? Do something very simple, of course.
I absolutely adore China Glaze Tree Hugger, it's one of my favourite greens. And as I wanted to keep a lot of it visible I just added a little bit of pearly detailing to each nail.



First I used these polishes for the base colour:

  • Sally Hansen nailgrowth miracle
  • CND Ridge Out
  • China Glaze Tree Hugger
  • Seche Vite

This is what Tree Hugger looks like in two coats and without top coat:


I then finished the manicure this morning by using these polishes for the design:

  • Two-Way Nail Art Pen & Brush in three pearly shades: white, yellow and eggplant
  • CND Air Dry

  1. Using the striping brush, draw a diagonal line across the nail near the tip. First in white, then yellow and eggplant. Remember to let each line dry a bit!
  2. After all lines have dried prepare the pen tips and make sure the polish flows smoothly. You'll also need a needle, pin, fine dotting tool or skinny nail art brush.
  3. Apply a dot of white and immediately drag the pin from the centre of the dot outwards four times to form a four-pointed star. Don't scrape the pin across the nail, just through the wet polish. It's better to do two lines and then apply a second dot to finish than to have a too large dot to start with!
  4. Repeat on all nails.
  5. Do the same thing with the yellow polish, rotating the axes by 45°.
  6. Add a small bead of eggplant polish at the centre of each star.
  7. Seal with top coat.



And that's all there is to it!

8 comments:

Evil Angel said...

I just wore Tree hugger the other day! It is such a perfect green!

CucumPear said...

Oh yes, Evil, Angel, and it applies so well, too.

gildedangel said...

That is such a pretty design, and that polish is such a lovely green!

CucumPear said...

Thanks, gildedangel, I'm so happy I added Tree Hugger to my cart randomly. :-P

Brooke said...

very pretty! I love Tree Hugger too :)

Stephanie said...

I loved that whole China Glaze collection, especially Recycle. I just found your blog today and I really like it! Check mine out if you have time.

Pixie said...

Love the detailing on that. Beautiful!

CucumPear said...

Thank you, Brooke and Pixie!

Stephanie, I actually got a smaller bottle of Tree Hugger that was re-released earlier this year, but the whole ecollection is so tempting! *off to read your blog*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...