I absolutely adore China Glaze Tree Hugger, it's one of my favourite greens. And as I wanted to keep a lot of it visible I just added a little bit of pearly detailing to each nail.
First I used these polishes for the base colour:
- Sally Hansen nailgrowth miracle
- CND Ridge Out
- China Glaze Tree Hugger
- Seche Vite
This is what Tree Hugger looks like in two coats and without top coat:
I then finished the manicure this morning by using these polishes for the design:
- Two-Way Nail Art Pen & Brush in three pearly shades: white, yellow and eggplant
- CND Air Dry
- Using the striping brush, draw a diagonal line across the nail near the tip. First in white, then yellow and eggplant. Remember to let each line dry a bit!
- After all lines have dried prepare the pen tips and make sure the polish flows smoothly. You'll also need a needle, pin, fine dotting tool or skinny nail art brush.
- Apply a dot of white and immediately drag the pin from the centre of the dot outwards four times to form a four-pointed star. Don't scrape the pin across the nail, just through the wet polish. It's better to do two lines and then apply a second dot to finish than to have a too large dot to start with!
- Repeat on all nails.
- Do the same thing with the yellow polish, rotating the axes by 45°.
- Add a small bead of eggplant polish at the centre of each star.
- Seal with top coat.
And that's all there is to it!