Here's a little preview (more after the jump):
Here is what I used for today's manicure:
- Sally Hansen miracle cure
- CND Ridge Out - I definitely need a new ridge filler soon as this is gloopy and doesn't level anymore, despite my repeated attempts to thin it.
- NYX NP 87 Juliette - two coats
- LOOK by BIPA nail tattoo liner 1 silver
- Glamour Nails 02 purple stars - I found these at BIPA last week; the jar cost 1,99 € which is pretty good for Austrian prices. There were a few different shapes and colours (seven or eight, I guess). Definitely worth checking out in my opinion.
- Seche Vite - Any kind of embedded nail gems, foil shapes, etc. generally require two coats, otherwise I scratch them off within a few hours.
I got a small box of NYX products this Monday, mostly eyeshadows, but I also got a couple of nail polishes. NYX NP 87 Juliette reminds me of Jungle in opacity and texture. The tips are just visible with two coats, the polish is slightly fiddly as thin coats drag and tend to be a bit lumpy (I'll try it again over a different base, Ridge Out may be to blame). I suggest applying a couple of medium thick coats and Seche Vite to make sure they dry properly.
Juliette is a beautiful teal with golden shimmer, though it looks a bit more blue in the bottle. With a little luck there might be sun tomorrow so I can go and see what it looks like in daylight.
Juliette, two coats (picture of the finished nails is more true to colour):
After applying the base coats and Juliette I added a small silver arc on each nail and pressed a few of the foil stars into the wet polish. I put on of the stars on the thicker end of the arc to create a shooting star. It's getting Christmassy* after all.
Then I sealed my nails twice.
* I'm not a Christian, but as Austria (and most of my maternal family) is predominantly Catholic I'm kind of used to celebrating Christmas.