And I was right, but it wasn't a total fail and I do like the result.
This is what I used today:
- Sally Hansen miracle cure
- LOOK by BIPA Ridge Filler
- Eyeko Vamp Polish for nasty nails
- Seche Vite
- Konad image plate m73
- Essie matte about you
Step the second: Stamp the floral pattern on image plate m73 on the nails using matte about you.
I like the effect, but I have learned something today:
- Matte top coats are very tricky to stamp with. Because they dry so quickly, there's a good chance that part of the pattern will not transfer. A less intricate pattern might work better.
- It's nigh impossible to see if you have the full design on the stamper. Aligning? Not easily accomplished.
- Usually you can gently wipe messed up designs off the nail a few times with polish remover if the bas has been sealed, but this will mattify the nail slightly. Because you need the base to be very shiny, this will not work on this kind of Konadicure.
- As you can see on my ring finger the design looks almost white when it's just shy of being completely dry when it's applied. And that's not what I was going for.