Saturday, January 2, 2010

NotD - Purple French

After yesterday's epic fail nail art I wanted to do something safe and still pretty today. My internal random colour generator ordered me to use purples, so I went for a purple french manicure.

What I used today:

  • Sally Hansen miracle cure
  • LOOK by BIPA Ridge Filler
  • Barry M Nail Paint 303 Bright Purple
  • Eyeko Purple Polish for electric nails
  • Spooky Nails 2 in 1 nail tatto liner black
  • Maybelline Colorama Effects 5 Glamour Effect
  • Seche Vite

Step 1: Apply one coat each of miracle cure and Ridge Filler.

Step 2: Paint your nails with two coats of Bright Purple.

Step 3: Use Purple Polish to paint the tip of each nail.

Step 4: Draw a fine line between the main colour and the tip colour with the nail tattoo liner. Try to get it more even than I did. ;-)

Step 5: Add a coat of Glamour Effect for a bit of sparkle and seal with Seche Vite.

In completely unrelated news: I'm going to try to master tightlining this month. Tips? Recommendations?


JP said...

You're nails look totally fabulous, darling! Great job (and Happy New Year!)


CucumPear said...

Thank you, JP! Hope you have a great new year, too.

Evil Angel said...

I love the added shimmer, very pretty!

gildedangel said...

That is so pretty!

amusedPolish said...

it looks great- where did you find the maybelline polish?

CucumPear said...

I'm glad you like it, Evil Angel and gildedangel!

Thanks, amusedPolish. I got Glamour Effect at BIPA a year or so ago and found a back-up bottle last summer, both times on sale. But I haven't seen the Effects line since.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...