Friday, February 12, 2010

NotD - Glitterberries

I was trying out a very interesting polish yesterday, but my misguided attempt to add some glitter to the tips destroyed the manicure. Don't you hate when that happens?
So I took everything off and started something completely different, namely layering Colorama cherry sweet over Models Own Raspberry Crush.


Here is what I used for this manicure:

  • OPI Nail Envy
  • Models Own Raspberry Crush
  • Maybelline Colorama 54 cherry sweet
  • Seche Vite

I started with my usual two coats of Nail Envy and Raspberry Crush.



I wasn't quite happy with the opacity, so I added a third coat of this lovely bright pink.



Then I applied two coats of cherry sweet and sealed the manicure with Seche Vite. The combination is quite a bit more reddish and tooth-achingly sweet. If you want to, you can consider this my token V-Day manicure; I'm not planning to do anything for this particular holiday.



And because I hate to waste a perfectly good couple of photos: Here are two of my original manicure.
This polish, s-he 439, is quite interesting. In the bottle it looks like black with rainbow-hued shimmer, sadly only the red is visible on the nail, giving an overall brownish look. It applies nicely, and though two coats are opaque, the third coat really adds some depth. If you want the full effect you should wear this with a nice shiny top coat. I imagine it would look amazing with flakies.

This is s-he 439 in two coats without top coat:



And here it's in three coat and with a coat of Sally Hansen Diamond Shine:


What's going on with you today?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...