Tuesday, February 2, 2010

NotD - I Won't Be Soothed

I decided to try out Orly Wandering Vine today and unsurprisingly, this is one of the best greens ever. I realise that I say that a lot... Greens are just that awesome.
When I first did a quick cardboard-swatch I felt that this polish must be Daria turned into polish. The final application is slightly darker, but still so much like her. Because Daria stands for simplicity and may become a crazy cat lady in the future I stencilled a single cat one one nail.




This is what I used for this manicure:


  • OPI Nail Envy
  • Orly Wandering Vine
  • Glam Nails design templates for nails N028
  • China Glaze Sci-Fi
  • Seche Vite

I started with two coats of Nail Envy, two of Wandering Vine and sealed the manicure with Seche Vite.



After the base colour was dry I pressed the sticky stencil onto my nail, it stuck very well and thankfully didn't take any polish off. I may try it without Seche Vite next time. Then I brushed a thin coat of Sci-Fi over it and immediately removed the stencil, as leaving it to dry would probably mean taking off part of the design with the sticky tape. The Khrome polish dried very quickly, so I didn't even have to re-seal it. I suspect that polishes with a foil or metallic finish may be best for stencilling.


I really like the effect of Sci-Fi over Wandering Vine. While I'm impressed with how easy to use these stencils
are I think that for anyone who loves nail art and uses it frequently, Konad or fauxnad may be cheaper in the long run.

But what's with the weird name? Well, one of my favourite bands is cake, and this is a line from their song Daria. ;-)

What's your opinion? Love the polish? How about Daria or cake?
By the way, have you entered my giveaway yet?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...