Tuesday, February 23, 2010

NotD - Vamp Polish vs Star of Bombay

Last night I did a bit of swatching, but my cuticles looked so bad on the photos (yes, even worse than today) that I may have to re-do them at a later point.
So today I have another comparison for you and this time the polishes really are noticably different. The polishes I'm wearing today are Eyeko Vamp Polish and Orly Star of Bombay.



This is what I used for this manicure:

  • Seche Base ridge filling base coat
  • Eyeko Vamp Polish for nasty nails
  • Orly Star of Bombay
  • s-he 455
  • Seche Vite
I started with a basic mixed swatch by applying two coats of Seche Base and two of each blue polish on alternating nails. Both are a dream to apply, though Orly wins for its better leveling and the fact that you can hold the cap without fearing cramps or dropping it. They're both one-coaters, but I prefer to do two.
In the dim light I have at home Vamp Polish and Star of Bombay look very similar, both are blackened blues, but sunlight or flash will reveal gorgeous bright blue sparkle in Star of Bombay, which is also a tad lighter.

Here's a comparison picture of the polishes in two coats, without top coat:



The difference was too obvious for me to keep this manicure on as it was, so I added a coat of a holo glitter polish, s-he 455, and topped it with Seche Vite. This hides the blue sparkle and nobody would guess that I'm wearing different blues.


I really like both Vamp Polish - I actually used up most of my first bottle for frankening - and Star of Bombay. If you don't like stark black, both look dark enough to pass.
What do you think?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...