Tuesday, February 16, 2010

NotD - Waving But Browning

I have finally found a brown polish I absolutely adore. To emphasise the lovely colour I just added a bit of gold today.



Here's what I used for this manicure:


  • OPI Nail Envy
  • Maybelline Colorama 23 dark chocolate 
  • Seche Vite
  • Glam Nails design templates for nails N019
  • China Glaze 2030
  • Sally Hansen Diamond Shine

I started with a basic manicure by applying two coats of Nail Envy, three of dark chocolate and sealing it with Seche Vite.

Colorama dark chocolate applies like most Colorama polishes, the first coat is a bit streaky, but the second is even. The polish is fairly opaque, but still retains a jelly-like finish. The brush is soft and fairly thick, but easy to control. The colour itself is wonderful, a deep rich brown without too much red. Despite its darkness it can not be mistaken for black.

This is dark chocolate in two coats and without top coat:

Maybelline Colorama 23 dark chocolate 2C no TC


And here it is in three coats and sealed with Seche Vite:

Maybelline Colorama 23 dark chocolate 3C with TC



Then I used nail polish stencils with a wavy pattern and 2030 to apply a golden design to peach nail. I found that with relatively intricate designs (such as these swirls and cats' tails) the stencils can only be used for two nails until the soft material gets warped and becomes unusable. Simple designs may be usable for more, though I suspect that polish build-up needs to be avoided.
After a coat of Diamond Shine this is what my manicure looks like:


How do you feel about brown polish? I don't care for most of them, especially with a creme finish. This one, however, blew my mind.
By the way, find my polish swatches on my Flickr photostream.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...