Friday, February 5, 2010

Swatches - Rimmel

Today I have swatches of three Rimmel polishes for you. I bought these recently and really surprised myself by choosing a red one. The two shimmery polishes didn't photograph well, or rather didn't play nicely with my usual flash procedure. But since sun doesn't exist in my flat and there's no place nearby where I might swatch in the sun it will have to do. ;-)



Rimmel pro 396 Glam Goth
photographed with flash, two coats, no top coat


Glam Goth's formula and wide, rounded brush made applying this polish very easy for me. It's fully opaque in two medium-thick coats.
The colour is amazing: a nigh-black base with purple shimmer that depending on the lighting seems blue. I tried to tweak a picture, but I kind of suck at processing images (I need to get me some Photoshop...). The shimmer itself is very bright, but in combination with the dark base it looks aubergine from a distance.



Rimmel 60 Seconds 310 Red Carpet
photographed with flash, two coats, no top coat


Red Carpet is very similar in texture to Glam Goth, while the brush isn't as lovely it's still good. It's not quite as opaque, three coats should do it. Otherwise the texture is fine.
This too photographed badly, the base colour is correct, but the shimmer is golden in most lighting. Under blue-ish fluorescent light sources it gains a magenta or blue flash.
I like this polish, but I can't wear red plain, I tried and I needed to partially cover it up after a day or so. Go figure.



Rimmel 60 Seconds 430 Coralicious
photographed with flash, two coats, no top coat


Like Red Carpet, Coralicious is opaque in three coats - you can easily see the VNL in the photo - with a decent brush and generally good texture.
The colour is a lovely vivid coral. If you're looking for a basic coral creme polish this is a good choice, but it doesn't thrill me.


I'd say that of these three polishes, Glam Goth is definitely the winner. The colour is breathtaking and the brush is almost as good as OPI's. If you like purple and vampy colours in general you should check it out.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...