Thursday, February 25, 2010

Swatches - Three White-ish Pretties

I've decided to post the swatches I mentioned recently despite my dry hands, so please excuse those. Today I'd like to show you a bunch of pale polishes I bought recently.


s-he 455
This is a basic clear polish with medium-sized holo glitter. It's quite gloopy, as the glitter would settle in a less viscous polish. 455 applies well and even a single coat deposits enough glitter to liven up any polish (here's an example).
I'm afraid I automatically swatched over Seche Base, which is a sheer, shimmery, cream coloured base coat. In this case it falsifies the colour of the polish, which is truly clear.

s-he 455 - two coats, no top coat:
s-he 455 2C no TC


s-he 455 - three coats, with top coat:
s-he 455 3C with TC



Manhattan Lotus Effect 68A
I have to admit, all this numbers are really starting to annoy me. Nevertheless, 68A is great, though I have trouble classifying it. Its a strange shimmery polish, a pale greyish base with a fascinating purple/lilac/pink flash, that refused to be photographed. There's just a hint of the flash in the three-coat swatch. 68A is quite sheer, I guess it would take five or six coats to reach full opacity.
I had no problems applying this. The brush is much better than the ones I've seen in older Manhattan polishes, it's bigger, softer and slightly flattened.
I could see this polish being used for a very cute french manicure, folks with less staining than I have might even get away without painting the tip first, as this has an optical whitening effect.

Manhattan Lotus Effect 68A - two coats, no top coat:
Manhattan Lotus Effect 68A 2C no TC


Manhattan Lotus Effect 68A - three coats, with top coat:
Manhattan Lotus Effect 68A 3C with TC



essence Secrets Of The Past 03 Glittering Daylight
I already swatched a couple of polishes from this collection last year, I didn't buy this white polish then, but came across a bottle in a sales bin and snagged it. ;-)
Glittering Daylight is a sheer, milky white creme polish. It's very pretty and not chalky at all.
It applies a bit patchy, so I wouldn't suggest applying less than three coats, and though it's not extremely sheer, you would need four to five coats to gett a fully opaque nail.


essence Secrets Of The Past 03 Glittering Daylight - two coats, no top coat:
essence Secrets Of The Past 03 Glittering Daylight 2C no TC


essence Secrets Of The Past 03 Glittering Daylight - three coats, with top coat:
essence Secrets Of The Past 03 Glittering Daylight 3C with TC

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...