Sunday, March 14, 2010

A Double Nail Quickie

I have no idea where my time is going right now. So today you'll only get a couple of pretty pictures.

Firstly: I just received my first bottles of Zoya in a swap with the lovely Berry T! And I'm thrilled! I've only tried Indigo so far, and the opacity is amazing.  
Indigo is a dark blue polish with fine multicoloured glitter, most appears to be magenta-ish, but I see some holo glitter, too. According to Zoya this is supposed to have a frosty finish, but to me it looks subtly glittery. In dim lighting it even looks like a creme polish. However you choose to call the finish, Indigo is gorgeous.
This polish is a bit thick and densely pigmented, it applies great and despite the relatively high viscosity doesn't show brush strokes.

I have to admit: I cheated at swatching, I usually do a two coat sans top coat and a three coat with top coat picture, but this one just doesn't need three coats, so this image shows:
Zoya Indigo in two coats topped with Seche Vite:

Zoya Indigo 2C with TC




And now let's get to the second part of today's quickie post: Seche Vite and China Glaze are graciously sponsoring a nail art contest amongst the members of the Polish Bloggers' Network (or Nail Blog Network). Voting is open until 22nd March and I would really appreciate it, if you'd go there and vote for your favourite design. By the way: the winner and runner-up also get to host a sponsored giveaway on their blog (nudge, nudge, wink, wink...).

Here's my entry in its supersized glory (click on it, you know you want to):



I used the following polishes:
  • Seche Base
  • China Glaze White On White (2 coats)
  • China Glaze Japanese Koi
  • China Glaze Flying Dragon
  • Seche Vite
 It's another example of an extremely easy design created with nothing but a skinny brush and a dotting tool. Give it a try some time, y'all!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...