Tuesday, March 16, 2010

KotD - Sasa Midori

It's definitely time for some green polish again. And as one of the polishes in the swap I mentioned in my last post was the long-coveted Zoya Midori, that is what I applied tonight. (Also, I have a painful and ugly tear in each index finger nail, hence the less than pretty clunkiness.)




This is what I used for this Konadicure:

  • OPI Nail Envy
  • ArtDeco ridge filler
  • Zoya Midori
  • Seche Vite
  • Konad image plate m66
  • Mavala 251 Cedar Green
  • Konad Princess top coat

I started with a swatch-type base colour: after the base coats I applied three coats of Midori followed by a coat of Seche Vite.
Midori is a fairly light green with golden shimmer. It's very similar to wet n wild craze 234 Jade (which I also got in the swap, I love that kind of green) and just a tad more muted than Barry M NPG2.
It applies beautifully, no streaks or brush marks and very nearly opaque in two coats. This is amongst the best formulae I've encountered.

Here's Midori in two coats, without top coat:

Zoya Midori 2C no TC


And this is Midori in three coats with Seche Vite on top:

Zoya Midori 3C with TC


Then I decided to add on of my favourite Konad design, the bamboo from image plate m66. This is very neat, as it's a large pattern and I can use different bits on each nail. Cedar Green was the ideal choice of colour for this pretty leafy design, it stamped crisply, but dried more quickly than Konad polishes.
To seal my manicure I applied a coat of Konad top coat and one of Seche Vite.



I love this Konadicure: two kinds of green, some shimmer and bamboo. All great things on their own and even better together!
So my dear readers, am I annoying or intriguing you with my manicure names?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...