Monday, March 22, 2010

NotD - Cheaply Foiled

Can you believe that I only own two foil polishes? Unless I forgot something, which is entirely possible. I should really make a polish database or spreadsheet.
Anyway, as I have a bad cold and my nose is all runny and disgusting, I decided that foils were the way to go. They dry quickly and thus minimise the potential for smudging. Both foils and the liner are amongst the cheapest polishes available in Austria. Yay for cheapies!




This is what I used for today's manicure:

  • Sally Hansen Miracle Cure
  • Seche Base
  • s-he 230
  • Seche Vite
  • essence Into the Ocean 01 Bubble Bubble
  • essence nail art tip painter 02 purple boost
  • Sally Hansen Diamond Shine

After applying my base coats - I'm hoping that Miracle Cure will work better with Seche Base than OPI Nail Envy - I did my basic swatch-manicure: applying first two coats of s-he 230, then a third and Seche Vite.
s-he 230 is quite nice for a drugstore's own brand. It's a pretty bronzey-golden foil polish, a tad sheer in two coats, but a third one is nicely opaque.
The application is fine, free of streaks and smooth. This polish dries quite quickly and shiny, but for a tough finish I suggest always using a good top coat.

This is s-he 230 in two coats, without top coat:

s-he 230 2C no TC


And here is s-he 230 in three coats, with Seche Vite and better lighting:

s-he 230 3C with TC



Then I painted half of each nail with a coat of Bubble Bubble, a lilac foil polish which dries even quicker and is more opaque than 230.


I liked the result, but wanted a bit more colour, so I tried out my purple tip painter to add some lines to my nails. It's a decent product, but you can see that it's not quite pigmented enough.
I finished my manicure with a coat of Diamond Shine.



Finished! And despite frequent sneezing there are no smugdes.
What are your thoughts on foil polishes?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...