Sunday, March 28, 2010

NotD - Erratic Behaviour

What does it say about me if I spend Saturday night watching a movie and painting my nails? But who cares, really? I find that much more enjoyable than sitting in a bar getting ogled by drunk guys.
Yesterday I was utterly excited to find a package in my mailbox. A few weeks ago I won a lovely bunch of polish at Daily Polish, amongst them my very first bottle of Nubar. And this is what I did with it:



This is what I used today:

  • Sally Hansen Miracle Cure
  • Seche Base
  • Nubar SC5 Erratic Purple
  • Seche Vite
  • China Glaze Sci-Fi
  • China Glaze Millennium

Like I did a couple of days ago I upped my base-combo: one coat of Miracle Cure, two of Seche Base.

Then came Nubar Erratic Purple. That is one sleek polish, a gorgeous purple metallic - like platinum mixed with lavender - with great opacity. It was opaque in two coats, but I decided to add a third just because.
Application was smooth, quick and even. Lika all metallics there are slight brushstrokes, but these are less visible than usual. Overall I'm very impressed with Erratic Purple.

This is Erratic Purple in two coats, no top coat:

Nubar SC5 Erratic Purple 2C no TC


And this is Erratic Purple in three coats with Seche Vite:

Nubar SC5 Erratic Purple 3C with TC


I've been usind the dotting tool a lot recently, haven't I. After deciding that China Glaze Sci-Fi and Millennium would work nicely and started a pattern. I have no idea what that may be called but it's a dotted kind of spirally star.

First I did a central dot and four arms with Sci-Fi:


Then, using Millennium, I added a smaller dot onto the centre and another four arms between the first four and sealed the manicure with Seche Vite:




This manicure was so shiny that I had to go back and take another few photos to get a few where you can actually see the colour and pattern.





It's a very basic design again, but I'm still coughing and sneezing like crazy and not up to more intricate ones. I do have a couple of awesome manicures planned, though.
So now I'm wondering: what are your must-have shades from Nubar?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...