Monday, March 1, 2010

NotD - Last Ode To Snow

I have mentioned being tired of winter before and I can't really explain why I chose to do a wimtery manicure today. Maybe because the past few days have been relatively warm and sunny.


This is what I used for this manicure:

  • OPI Nail Envy
  • essence Go Snow 04 alpine snow
  • China Glaze Millennium
  • Seche Vite

After the long and arduous task of patching a nail I started with my base manicure. This image shows two coats of alpine snow over two of Nail Envy.
apline snow applies very well, though there are some brush strokes, as you usually get with shimmer polish. The brush is fine, but nothing special.
I'm seriously liking the colour and finish, an icy blue shimmer with a hint of very subtle sparkle. The polish is very sheer, for full opacity I recommend layering alpine snow over opaque white, silver or pale blue.
No idea why don't hold a bottle in this photo, I'm just so absentminded today.

essence Go Snow 04 alpine snow 2C no TC


Then I added a third coat and some Seche Vite:

essence Go Snow 04 alpine snow 3C with TC



To pretty things up I used a dotting tool and Millennium to add rows of dots to my nails.



Another coat of alpine snow and Seche Vite finished up the manicure.


What are your thoughts on ice blue polish?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...