Saturday, March 6, 2010

NotD - Pointedly Green

Green. I know, I do a lot of green manicures - and let me tell you, that's why I can't show off my naked nails.



 These are the polishes I used today:
  • Seche Base
  • China Glaze Millennium
  • China Glaze Paper Chasing
  • China Glaze Sour Apple
  • green rhinestones
  • Seche Vite

 I don't have step-by-step photos today, but I think they're not really needed as this is a very simple design.

First I applied two coats of Seche Base. Then I layered two coats of Paper Chasing over two of Millennium (one would usually suffice, but my application was faulty today), the resulting shade is amazing, a vibrant green with a bit of the metallic finish coming through.
Then I used a dotting tool and Millennium to add the dots: first a line to create a french tip-like look, then a curved line.
After applying two coats of Sour Apple I added two rhinestones to each nail and sealed the manicure with Seche Vite.


As you can see, the result is bright and sparkly, with a metallic note. I love how Sour Apple turns Millennium golden (2030 doesn't look as nice when topped with Sour Apple) and how this shade works with the glitter component. Sometimes layering really works out.
What's the funkiest colour you've achieved by layering?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...