Wednesday, March 3, 2010

NotD - Steampunking Atlantis

Finally, a new freehand design. It's not as neat as I would have liked, but far from the disaster I feared. If you've ever painted freehand, you know how hard it is to get intricate angular designs right. I'm sure some people can do it, though.
So what's today's design? For some reason I always connect Atlantis with Steampunk, so after applying China Glaze's lovely glitter polish named Atlantis I decided to add a few cogs, as that's where my skills end (*whines* I could do so much better with a pencil). ;-)


I used these polishes today:

  • Seche Base
  • China Glaze Atlantis
  • China Glaze 2030
  • China Glaze Millennium
  • China Glaze Sci-Fi
  • Seche Vite

First I protected and evened my nails with two coats of Seche Base. Then I applied three coats of China Glaze Atlantis.
Atlantis is an amazing sheer teal glitter (it's darker than my sucky swatch pictures). Though it's quite even in two coats, the colour really needs three or four coats to reach good depth and pigmentation. Don't expect it to get opaque though, your best bet is layering it over a similar colour. You've probably seen how great it looks over Metallic Muse on other blogs.
Application is good, pretty much like all China Glaze polishes I've used.

This is Atlantis in two coats, without top coat:

China Glaze Atlantis 2C no TC

Then there's the token OMGSparklez-pic:

China Glaze Atlantis 2C no TC  Sparklez

And here is Atlantis in three coats with Seche Vite:

China Glaze Atlantis 3C with TC


When the surface had dried for a few minutes I started the freehand part of this manicure. I used China Glaze 2030, Millennium and Sci-Fi to paint cogs on each nail and sealed the polish with Seche Vite.


And that's all, folks.
What's going on with you today?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...