Friday, March 19, 2010

Swatching and Ambivalence

Today I have another two polishes that I got recently but didn't fall in love with. One white creme Trind polish and a strangely named pink Bourjois shimmer.



Trind Caring Color CC103
This is a basic white polish, it's fairly opaque and almost even in two coats, but I needed three coats to be happy with the application. Otherwise it's good: the brush is a normal round one (considering the price I had hoped for a flat one) and the viscosity is very good.
I have a few patched and not perfectly smooth nails right now, though, and this definitely affects my application right now. Nora of Nail of the Week seems to love this polish. It's a basic flat white creme, which you can get for less money.

This is CC103 in two coats without top coat:

Trind Caring Color CC103 2C no TC


And this is CC103 in three coats with Seche Vite and a bit of glare:

Trind Caring Color CC103 3C with TC



Bourjois 1 seconde 15 Corail Irisé
Well, I think it's Corail Irisé. The only hint is a small 15 on the back and when compared with the Bourjois website the colour looks similar. It's nowhere near coral, though. This polish is a semi-sheer shimmery pink. The slightly warm tone of the base colour is mostly negated by the dense silvery holo shimmer. As you can se in the photos three coats aren't opaque.
I really like the brush: it's wide, flat and rounded and most nails really can be painted with one stroke if you get the pressure right. It just fit onto my pinky nail, so folks with very narrow nails will have trouble with that. Corail Irisé is on the runny side and levels very well. Unsurprisingly it doesn't really dry in 50 seconds, but it's touch dry within a few minutes. Overall I liked the application, but how this can be called 'corail' is a mystery.

Here's Corail Irisé in two coats without top coat:

Bourjois 1 seconde 15 Corail Irisé 2C no TC


And this is Corail Irisé in three coats topped with Seche Vite:

Bourjois 1 seconde 15 Corail Irisé 3C with TC



I didn't feel all that comfortable in either of these colours, but I don't dislike them either. The white Trind polish will be nice as a base for this summer's neon polishes and I'm sure I'll be in the mood for shimmery non-coral at some point.
Thanks for reading, folks!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...