Thursday, April 22, 2010

KotD – Floridly Verdant

Apparently it’s Earth Day. I rarely observe that kind of pseudo-holiday, except for a half-assed Arrrr on Talk Like A Pirate Day (I can’t properly roll my ‘r’ anyway) or carrying around a towel for a few minutes on Towel Day. So it’s completely coincidental that my nails are green (or should they be blue? who knows?) today.

This is what I used for this Konadicure:

  • OPI Nail Envy
  • claire’s nail polish in pearly lime green
  • Konad image plate m9
  • Konad Princess Polish Apple Green
  • Konad Princess Top Coat
  • glamour nails thingamajigs in some kind of yellow iridescent flower shape
  • Seche Vite

As usual I started with a basic manicure by applying two coats of Nail Envy, three of claire’s green polish and sealing the base colour with Seche Vite.

Though claire’s lime green pearly polish has a pretty fresh colour (the flash made it look a bit garish in the photos) it’s a bit of a pain to use. The application itself is smooth, but there are oodles of brush marks, the polish is very sheer – you’d need at least five coats for it to get opaque – and it shows every single underlying flaw.

This is claire’s lime green in two coats without top coat:

And here it is in three coats topped with Seche Vite:

Then I stamped one of the floral motifs from image plate m9 a few times onto the outer side of each nail with Princess Polish in Apple Green and added a coat of Princess Top Coat.

Next I pressed a few flowers into the tacky polish and sealed the manicure with three coats of Seche Vite. Two would suffice, but if I can feel the edge of the flower-shaped thingamajigs I’ll pick at them until they fall off.

Do you celebrate fauxlidays like Earth Day?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...