Thursday, April 1, 2010

NotD – Muppety-Puppety Love

This manicure has been preying upon my mind for some time now. But as you probably know by now I tend to wibble and procrastinate a lot before finally attempting freehand nail art.

So what’s this Muppety-Puppety Love? I am not ashamed to admit that I adore the Potter Puppet Pals  (Check out The Mysterious Ticking Noise!) and this is the theme of today’s manicure.

You may or may not be aware of the fact that the creator of PPP, Neil Cicierega, has another amazing project: Lemon Demon. If you’ve been around for a few years you probably know the flash animations to The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny, Ebaum’s World Dot Com or the amazingly cute Geeks in Love (this is where this manicure’s name comes from).

 

This is what I used for the base colour:

  • OPI Nail Envy
  • Eyeko Pastel Polish for nice nails
  • Seche Vite

Pastel Polish is a bit of a pain. The colour is lovely, a slightly opalescent pale blue, but this polish is thin and streaky, it applies sheer and patchy. Three coats are an absolute minimum, but I suggest using four or five for an even coating.

Here’s a photo of Pastel Polish in three coats, without top coat:

And this is Pastel Polish in four coats with a nice layer of Seche Vite:

 

After the base colour was dry I used the following polishes to paint on the Potter Puppet Pals (I forgot a couple, but they’re on the list):

  • Trind CC103
  • LOOK by BIPA high speed 5 skin
  • N.Y.C. Nail Glossies 219
  • Eyeko Nude Polish for perfect nails
  • s-he 457
  • Maybelline Colorama 15 candy apple
  • Maybelline Colorama glossy nail color 23 dark chocolate
  • Eyeko Lilac Polish for lovely nails
  • Spooky Nails 2 in 1 nail tattoo liner green
  • Spooky Nails 2 in 1 nail tattoo liner black
  • Konad Princess Top Coat
  • Seche Vite

 

My left hand:

  • pinky – Avada Kedavra (*screams*)
  • ring finger – Harry Potter (awesomest guy in Hogwarts)
  • middle finger: Snape (cries a lot)
  • index finger – Hermione (knows a lot about books)
  • thumb – Voldemort (will kill you)

 

My right hand:

  • pinky – Avada Kedavra (*screams once more*)
  • ring finger – Ron (ginger lice-infested hair)
  • middle finger: Dumbledore (frequently misuses “Alas!”)
  • index finger – PPP FTW!
  • thumb – Dumbledore (during Naked Time)

Here you can see the non-ambidextrousness again.

 

Despite the many, many flaws I adore this manicure. I’m really surprised that Harry came out best, even though I’ve copied this version of Snape and Voldemort a few times over the years. If anyone feels like doing something like this, please drop me a link, I’d love to see it!

I’m trying out posting via Windows Live Writer, so please let me know if there’s any funkiness.

Do I need to disclaim here? Well, to be on the safe side: Harry Potter belongs to JKR (and WB, I believe). The PPP and Lemon Demon sprang from NC’s brow. I only own a couple hundred bottles of polish and the usual number of nails.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...