Monday, April 26, 2010

NotD – Skater’s Dress

I have no idea why today’s manicure reminds me of a figure skater’s dress, it just does.

This is what I used today:

  • OPI Nail Envy
  • Models Own NP028 Peacock Green
  • claire’s emerald glitter polish
  • LOOK by BIPA nail tattoo liner 1 silver
  • Seche Vite

I started with two coats of Nail Envy, three of Peacock Green and sealed my base colour with Seche Vite.

Peacock Green is a shimmer polish that, depending on the lighting, can look green or teal. Three coats work with other polishes layered on or designs added to the base, but if it’s worn plain I suggest applying at least four coats. I also had a bit of dragging when I applied the second coat. The brush is a basic round one, I don’t have any complaints, but it’s nothing to get excited about.
Overall it’s a decent affordable polish with a gorgeous colour.

This is Peacock Green in two coats without top coat:

And this is Peacock Green in three coats and sealed with Seche Vite:

I wanted a diagonal element in this manicure so I decided on a direction for my imaginary diagonal line and applied two coats of emerald green glitter polish underneath that line.

After the second coats had dried for a few minutes I added a silver line between the glittery and non-glittery areas with my trusty silver liner, waited a couple of minutes and sealed the manicure with another coat of Seche Vite. (Remember that you’ll have to use a different top coat if the base colour is fully dry and you only add polish to parts of the nail.)

And that’s it for today.

Oh, and by the way: OMGNUBBINZ!!!1eleventyone

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...