Saturday, April 17, 2010

NotD - A Very Claire-y Darkness

By Spock, I love black nail polish! Glossy or matte, black is love. So despite my dislike for claire’sspecial brush’ I couldn’t resist their black super speed polish… and a bunch of random glitter polishes. Should I be ashamed?

Nah. (But I should be ashamed of my bad clean-up.)

This is what I used for today’s manicure:

  • OPI Nail Envy
  • claire’s super speed nail polish in black
  • claire’s glitter nail polish – sheer black with red, silver and holo hexagonal glitter
  • Seche Vite

I was amazed when I applied the first coat of the black polish over two coats of Nail Envy. This polish is opaque. Fully opaque. In one coat. It’s also very shiny.
The application is a bit of a pain, due to the overly wide brush and the high viscosity of this polish. I haven’t tried thinning it yet, but I doubt that this would affect the opacity.
I really like this polish (claire’s unnamed polishes really annoy me when writing reviews), it’s a good basic black.

This is one coat of claire’s black polish without top coat:

And here it is in two coats with a coat of Seche Vite:

It was obvious that one of my new glitters would look gorgeous layered over black, so I added two coats and sealed them with Seche Vite. The glitter could be more dense, but it’s easy enough to distribute evenly and the polish levels very well.

And the obligatory OOF-pic:

 

Overall I’m very pleased with both polishes and I really like that claire’s seems to phase out the round brushes in their stubby bottles.

I hope you all have a great weekend and please spare a couple of minutes for the poll in the right sidebar!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...