Friday, May 14, 2010

KotD – The Grapes of Wrath

You’re going to have to excuse the next paragraph, but I think that if I were to ignore this urge, Bad Things might happen.

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!111eleventyone

*wipes brow* So, now that I got that out of my brain and into the eternal memory of the internet, where it will sing of my nerdiness forever, we can actually go and look at some grape-y polish.

What I used for this manicure:


  • NailTek Foundation II
  • OPI Gargantuan Green Grape
  • Seche Vite
  • Konad image plate m37
  • Models Own Green Grass
  • Orly Wandering Vine
  • Mavala 251 Cedar Green
  • p2 248 rich
  • Color Club 871 Wild At Heart
  • Konad Princess Top Coat

 

I started with a basic manicure: one coat of NailTek, three of Gargantuan Green Grape and one of Seche Vite.

Gargantuan Green Grape is a pale muted green creme polish. It’s of average opacity, three coats are even and the nail line is only visible with the light coming from certain angles. If you want full opacity you’ll need four coats.
I found Gargantuan Green Grape a tad streaky in the first two coats, but other than that it’s a pleasure to apply, partly due to the fairly thin formula, partly due to OPI‘s great flat brush.

 

This is Gargantuan Green Grape in two coats without top coat:

And these images show Gargantuan Green Grape in three coats, sealed with Seche Vite. The first photo was taken with flash, the second one without flash under a ‘natural spectrum’ bulb:

 

After the base colour had dried, I used the two grape/vine designs from image plate m37 and the other coloured polishes to layer grapes and vines over my nails and sealed the manicure with Princess Top Coat.

I’m quite happy with this manicure. Wandering Vine didn’t stamp as well as I had hoped, but all other polishes worked very nicely.
And in case you’re wondering, I kinda forgot to eat until dinnertime when I started to write this post. I get a bit silly.


And now a bonus swatch. I randomly frankened this olive green polish out of a few drops of shimmery beige, some clear, yellow, black and blackened blue polish. And it’s so pretty I want to cry. It’s opaque in two coats and lasts longer than most polishes on me (third day, woo!). Best frankenpolish ever.

Here’s some green eye-candy, Nike’s Wreath (two coats with top coat, first one with flash, second one under my ‘natural spectrum’ lamp):

  

Look at that! I seem to be getting the hang of the flashless photographing. So, are you feeling the love for this olive green, too?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...