Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Swatches – China Glaze Poolside Collection – Part the Second

Welcome back to my review and swatches of China Glaze’s amazing neon polishes from the Poolside Collection.

 

China Glaze Kiwi Cool-Ada

This polish was instant love for me. I adore green nail polish in general, but (and I know I say this a lot) this blew my mind.
Kiwi Cool-Ada is an intense neon green with a jelly-ish creme finish. It’s not terribly opaque, but as I mentioned yesterday, neons look best over a white base, anyway. I found this to be less streaky than Sun Worshiper or Yellow Polka Dot Bikini, two medium thick coats are quite even, three are deliciously perfect. Other than the streakiness I am pleased with the application of both polishes I’m showing you today. If you read my blog regularly you already know that I prefer flat brushes, but China Glaze’s round ones are fine (still, even essence has flat brushes in their colour&go polishes).

This is Kiwi Cool-Ada in two coats over a white base, without top coat and photographed with flash:

These photos show Kiwi Cool-Ada in three coats over a white base with top coat. The first one was taken with flash, the second one without flash under a ‘natural spectrum’ bulb:

  

 

China Glaze Sun Worshiper

Basically, Sun Worshiper applies like Kiwi Cool-Ada, except for a bit more streakiness. It’s a neon orange that kind of reminds me of radioactive yolks. I loved wearing this even though I generally feel that orange doesn’t suit me. I guess that’s because the awesome!neon aspect overrides the question whether or not a colour flatters.

This is Sun Worshiper in two coats over a white base, without top coat and photographed with flash:

The following photos show Sun Worshiper in three coats over a white base with top coat. The first one was taken with flash, the second one without flash under a ‘natural spectrum’ bulb:

 

I hope you love these colours as much as I do and please come back tomorrow to see the last two polishes from the Poolside Collection.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...