Thursday, May 13, 2010

Swatches – China Glaze Poolside Collection – Part the Third

Welcome back, dear readers! Today I’m going to wrap up the review and swatching of China Glaze‘s Poolside Collection by showing you Pool Party and Towel Boy Toy. And believe me, you won’t be disappointed.

 

China Glaze Pool Party

Pool Party is hot pink neon that’s just to die for. It’s insanely bright and probably deathly poison for my eyes, but it warms my heart. Due to its sheerness Pool Party is fairly streaky in two coats, but blissfully even in three. I can only repeat what I’ve said about China Glaze’s brushes before: they’re good, but not awesome.
I adore Pool Party, it’s by far the best neon pink I’ve seen.

Here’s Pool Party over a white base in two coats without top coat:

And these photos show Pool Party over a white base in three coats with top coat. The first image was taken with flash, the second under a ‘natural spectrum’ bulb without flash:

 

 

China Glaze Towel Boy Toy

This polish is made of win. Towel Boy Toy doesn’t feel quite neon to me, but it sure is a very bright clear shimmery blue. Yes, shimmery. This is the only polish from the Poolside Collection that doesn’t have the jelly-ish creme finish. Towel Boy Toy is still sheer and streaky, but the shimmer partly disguises flaws. Otherwise it’s similar in application to the other polishes.

This is Towel Boy Toy over a white base in two coats without top coat:

The following photos show Towel Boy Toy in three coats over a white base with top coat. The first image was taken with flash, the second under a ‘natural spectrum’ light bulb without flash (look, ma! it’s not ridiculously dark!):

 

 

So how do I feel about this collection? Well done, China Glaze. This is the first time I’ve bought a whole collection and I’m thrilled with every single polish. They are happy colours that I can wear any time I feel down and I will have oodles of fun trying to find interesting combinations through layering the Poolside Collection over other polished.
I do have favourites, of course, but I can only say that I like Pool Party, Kiwi Cool-Ada and Towel Boy Toy slightly more than Yellow Polka Dot Bikini, Sun Worshiper and Flip Flop Fantasy.

The Poolside Collection is fantastic.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...