Sunday, June 13, 2010

NotD – The Blurp

Yeah, that’s what happens when I paint my nails with an inky blurple. Bad puns that don’t even make sense. And is it just me or does blurple sound like half the lyrics in Tongue-Tied.
I’m currently trying out various base coat combinations. Though I like NailTek Foundation II, it’s bubbly as hell on me. Today’s coat of NailTek plus coat of Poshé base coat is a bit better, but I still had some bubbling. It’s so annoying, even though I know I can easily cover flaws up with rhinestones or nail art.

This is what I used today:

  • NailTek Foundation II
  • Poshé fast drying basecoat
  • Rimmel 60 seconds 810 Blue My Mind
  • Zoya Indigo
  • Spooky Nails 2 in 1 nail tattoo liner black
  • Seche Vite

After applying aforementioned combination of base coats I painted my nails with three coats of Blue My Mind and sealed the base colour with Seche Vite.

Blue My Mind is a vivid blurple creme. In natural light it’s distinctly purple, but fluorescent light, flash and my camera steal away the reds and leave behind a bright blue. It’s not as opaque as I had expected, three coats are absolutely necessary.
I like the texture of this polish, it’s relatively thick, but can still be applied very thinly. There is quite a bit of streaking, though. The brush in Rimmel‘s 60 seconds polishes is excellent, a flat domed one that is just wide enough to coat my pinky nail without pressure. Don’t expect the polish to be dry within a minute, though. The first coat on a fully dry base may dry that quickly if it’s very thin, but subsequent coats will take quite a bit longer.
Overall Blue My Mind gets a thumbs up from me. It’s affordable (considering European prices), a gorgeous colour and easy to apply.

Here is Blue My Mind in two coats without top coat, photographed with flash:

And here you can see Blue My Mind in three coats with Seche Vite. The first one was taken with flash, the second one without flash under a ‘natural spectrum’ lamp (but still doesn’t show the purple gorgeousness):

 

Then I used a striping brush and Zoya Indigo to paint three diagonal lines (two on my dinky pinky nails) onto my nails and added an extremely skinny french tip. I’m really loving millimetre-thin tips right now.

To finish the manicure off I added rows of dots between the lines using the black liner and sealed everything with Seche Vite.

 

What I really love about this manicure (except for the diagonals, everyone already knows that I’m silly about these) is that both Blue My Mind and Indigo look completely different depending on the light source. Also it’s really hard to mess this up, no special skillz needed.
How’s your weekend going?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...