Tuesday, June 15, 2010

NotD – Learning Curve

Can you believe how long it’s taking me to work through my last big polish order. It definitely doesn’t help that I add another bottle or two every couple of weeks. Which means I shouldn’t buy any when I go to the drugstore tomorrow.
Yeah, right.

Anyway, I was already running late today, so I chose to do a quick abstract design.

This is what I used for this manicure:

  • OPI Nail Envy
  • Poshé fast drying basecoat
  • Orly Gumdrop
  • China Glaze Flyin’ High
  • essence crazy about colour 03 crazy me
  • Seche Vite

Once again I tried a new base coat combo, but Nail Envy plus Poshé also got bubbly. I covered the bubbles as well as I could with three coats of Gumdrop and one of Seche Vite.

Orly Gumdrop is a sweet minty crème polish, almost a pale sister to China Glaze For Audrey, and surprisingly bright for a pastel. It’s highly pigmented and would have been opaque in two coats, but I added the third one to cover up the remaining bubbles.
This polish apples quite smoothly and levels nicely. It’s a bit on the thick side, though. Gumdrop’s brush is round, supple and easy to control.

This is Gumdrop in two coats without top coat:

And these photos show Gumdrop in three coats with Seche Vite (pictures taken with and without flash respectively):

 

After I gave the base colour a few minutes to solidify I added a curved row of dots with Flyin’ High and a dotting tool.

Then I added another row with crazy me and sealed it with Seche Vite.

And another manicure was finished quickly. I should have thought of adding another row with For Audrey, though. That would have looked nice, too.

And off-topic-ly: I think I’ll have to go and get an external DVD drive so I can actually watch my new Daria DVDs. Stupid region codes. Have you ever watched Daria?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...