Thursday, June 17, 2010

NotD – My Day with D.

Did you see this coming? I’ve been meaning to do a Daria-themed manicure for some time and now that I have my DVDs… well, I couldn’t resist any more.

This is what I used for this manicure:

  • OPI Nail Envy
  • OPI Suzi Says Feng Shui
  • Seche Vite
  • a whole bunch of polishes mixed to achieve the proper colours

I started with a basic manicure, applying Nail Envy (2 coats), Suzi Says Feng Shui (3 coats) and sealing the polish with Seche Vite.

Suzi Says Feng Shui is an astonishing dusty-bright blue creme. You need this colour. It’s quite opaque, two coats are just shy of opaque.
As usual with OPI, Suzi Says Feng Shui applies beautifully and even. Not much clean-up is needed due to the lovely flat brush.

This is Suzi Says Feng Shui in two coats without top coat, photographed with flash:

And here is Suzi Says Feng Shui in three coats with Seche Vite. The first photo was taken with flash, the second one without flash under a ‘natural spectrum’ lamp:

  

After the base was dry I mixed and painted until I was certain that the design wouldn’t get any better. I do like it, but it’s just a bit too detailed for my skill level to replicate (i.e. everything’s wobbly and I got frustrated).

 

And then I destroyed half of my right hand while fending off an ant attack. They decided to swarm out from underneath the tub and we got to squash the uprising. As my sis aptly remarked: “Cinnamon oil and squished ants – the scent of summer.”
It really sucks when fresh manicure wreckage happens, so I took the polish off and started over. Well, kinda. I actually did a different manicure with the same basic elements. I zoomed in until only parts of the logo remained visible, so to speak (main colours: Orly Lemonade and my Nike’s Wreath franken). Sorry about the cat hair stuck to my finger. I don’t even see them anymore. And the way I hold my hand is not really all that flattering, either. ;-)

 

I guess I’ll try again later.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...