Tuesday, June 8, 2010

NotD - One of the Girls

On occasion something prompts me to do ridiculously girly nails with hearts and flowers and glitziness. And I don’t even mind, I like glitter and pink.



This is what I used for this manicure:

 

  • NailTek Foundation II – I like this base coat, but it appears to cause bubbles on me
  • Raspberry Dimension – something I frankened recently
  • Seche Vite
  • Trind CC103
  • Sally Hansen Diamond Shine
  • various clear rhinestones
  • essence nail art glitter mix 02 style it up
  • Glamour Nails Glamour Pearls 02 silver

I started with a basic manicure: one coat of Foundation II, followed by four coats of Raspberry Dimension and one of Seche Vite.

Raspberry Dimension is my attempt to create a bright semi-sheer red-pink polish with a moderate amount of microglitter. I’m very happy with this frankenpolish, as it looks like I wanted it to, is fairly runny and dries quickly. I love it when a plan comes together.

Here is Raspberry Dimension in two coats without top coat:



And these photos show Raspberry Dimension in four coats with and without flash. You can see a bit of tipwear, my camera ran out of juice halfway through swatching and I had to take these a day later:

 

I felt like doing girly nails, so I used a dotting tool and a brush to add flowers, hearts and some random lines to my nails with white nail polish. I then painted an extremely skinny white tip and embellished it differently on each nail.



After the white polish was dry (which still didn’t prevent some smudging) I added another coat of Raspberry Dimension and embedded clear rhinestones (Looks like I picked two different kinds, some went strangely milky. Not cool. Well, kinda cool if I had wanted them to do that.), some hearts and flowers from the glitter mix and Glamour Pearls into the wet polish and sealed the manicure with Diamond Shine. And in case you ever consider getting something like the Glamour Pearls: they’re a pain in the ass. It’s impossible to open the jar without them going everywhere and applying them precisely is not easy. It’s best to put them roughly where you want them, add a bit of top coat and then move them around with a manicure stick or dotting tool.



I like this manicure, but I think I may need something different as an antidote. Too much sugary sweetness. I’m thinking Fuggen Ugly.

Do you wear pink nail polish?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...