Sunday, June 27, 2010

NotD – Pastel Iridescence

Strange, as I started writing this post I realised that every product I used, except for base and top coat, is an European one. Huh.
Not that it really matters. ;-)

This is what I used:

  • OPI Nail Envy
  • Eyeko Lilac Polish
  • Eyeko Pastel Polish (here’s a swatch)
  • s-he 384 (reviewed here)
  • Manhattan Lotus Effect 68A (look at it over here)
  • Seche Vite
  • essence nail art glitter 01 glam it up!
  • essence nail art glitter 08 glitter star!

After applying two coats of Nail Envy I painted half of each nail with Lilac Polish (two coats), the other half with Pastel Polish (three coats) and sealed the polish with Seche Vite.

Then I used a dotting tool and s-he 384 to add a line of dots between the two colours and applied a coat of Manhattan 68A. I chose some star-shaped glitter thingamajigs, pressed them into the wet polish over the dotted line and sealed the manicure with another coat of Seche Vite.

This manicure is kind of dainty and cute. Not really something I would wear every day, but I liked being able to use some of those foil-y and plastic-y stars that I seem to accumulate but never use. And I should really experiment with Manhattan 68A, it should layer very well.
How do you feel about sheer iridescent polish?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...