Thursday, June 10, 2010

NotD – Ugly and Shiny

Once again I played with a single colour today using just matte and glossy effects for my design. I like to do that kind of nail art, it’s seven kinds of shiny. ;-)

This is what I used today:

  • OPI Nail Envy – Look, Ma, no bubbles.
  • ManGlaze Fuggen Ugly
  • Seche Vite

First I applied three coats of Fuggen Ugly over a coat of Nail Envy and sealed it with Seche Vite.

Fuggen Ugly is a matte mid-grey polish packed with sparkly microglitter, it’s so fine that I can’t tell if it’s multicoloured or holo glitter. It has been discontinued since I ordered my bottle in May and is to be replaced by an enhanced version, which is going to be more matte. Fair enough, this version isn’t completely matte.
It applied very well, I found it to level more easily than Matte is Murder. I especially like Fuggen Ugly’s runny consistency, it made for a fairly sheer first coat, but in a pinch two coats would have done quite nicely. The brush is easy to control, I had very little clean-up to do.

This is Fuggen Ugly in two coats, gorgeous in its semi-matte finish. The first photo was taken with flash, the second one without flash under a ‘natural spectrum’ lamp:

 

And here is Fuggen Ugly in three coats, sealed with Seche Vite. The pictures were taken as I mentioned above:

 

Then I used a dotting tool and Fuggen Ugly to add a simple pattern onto each nail.

I love the simplicity of these understated manicures. A simple nude or other work-safe colour can be interesting but still subtle enough for the most conservative work environments. Would you wear such manicures?

(This post was powered by tea and cherries. Also, I just realised that I didn’t fix my camera after changing the batteries, it always resets the image quality to ‘standard.’ Sorry.)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...