Monday, July 19, 2010

NotD – Inverted Sock

I’m basking in solitude right now. My sister/flatmate is away for a couple of weeks and it’s just me and the kitties right now.
Today’s NotD grew out of the wish to give my other essence show your feet polish a try after catwalk pink was a complete and utter fail. Somehow the design reminds me of socks. Huh.

This is what I used:

  • OPI Nail Envy
  • essence show your feet 06 juicy orange
  • LOOK by BIPA nail tattoo liner 4 white
  • LOOK by BIPA nail tattoo liner 1 silver
  • essence multi dimension 51 party time
  • Seche Vite

I started with a basic 1-3-1 application of Nail Envy, juicy orange and Seche Vite.

juicy orange is a bright, clear orange. It’s not quite a jelly, but does remain sheer and has a plasticy feel. If you dislike VNL, juicy orange is not for you.
I’m really pleased with the application, the flat brush is easy to control and the polish is even in just one coat. Unlike catwalk pink this polish has lasted very well for me.

This is juicy orange in two coats without top coat:

And this is juicy orange in three coats, sealed with Seche Vite:

When my base colour was mostly dry I decided that I didn’t like my wobbly nail line and added a white and a silver stripe roughly where the free tip starts.

 

Then I covered the tip of the nail in two coats of party time and sealed the manicure with Seche Vite.

 

I much prefer bright orange to pastel or peachy shades, I find that those tend to clash with my skintone. How about you?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...