Wednesday, July 14, 2010

NotD – Lacy Roman Green?

In case you’re wondering: I’m fully aware that I wear a ridiculous number of green polishes. Seems like I got over the ‘green nail polish? preposterous!’ phase I had when I was a kid.

This is what I used:

  • OPI Nail Envy
  • MNY my varnish 753
  • MNY my varnish 757
  • Spooky Nails 2 in 1 nail tattoo liner black
  • Seche Vite

I started with a basic polish application: one coat of Nail Envy, three of MNY 753 and one of Seche Vite.

MNY 753 is a fresh bright green with dense golden green shimmer and subtle holo microglitter. Like 757 is has a bit of a metallicy finish and lacks opacity. I haven’t done a side-by-side comparison, but I think this colour is extremely similar to Wet ‘N’ Wild craze Jade and Zoya Midori.
Like 757, this polish has a lovely formula and brush, allowing for an even application. The brush marks barely register due to the vibrancy of the colour. I need to pick up more MNY polishes.

This is MNY 753 in two coats without top coat:

And this MNY 753 is in three coats with Seche Vite:

After the base colour had dried I used MNY 757 to paint half of each nail with a darker green.

Then I added lacy rows of dots with the black nail art pen and sealed the manicure with another coat of Seche Vite.

Can anyone guess why I called this Lacy Roman Green?

2 comments:

Rajib Hossain said...

Oooo me too! Me too! These are absolutely
gorgeous! love them all!

Green Onyx

sordar joy said...

Nice article and great knowledge. Thanks for the share. I love this story and enjoy
with your words!

Green Onyx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...