Saturday, July 10, 2010

NotD – Olivesque

I was all yay last week when I went to the drugstore and found a MNY display. The eyeshadows and nail polish I’ve tried weren’t all that pigmented, but the range is good for a drugstore brand.

This is what I used for this manicure:

  • OPI Nail Envy
  • MNY my varnish 757
  • Spooky Nails 2 in 1 nail tattoo liner black
  • Seche Vite

Today I completely changed my base colour application. Well, not really, I just used one coat of Nail Envy underneath three of 757 and sealed the polish with Seche Vite.

MNY 757 is a metallic olive green with quite a bit of microglitter. It’s not as opaque as I’d like, I can still see the nail line with three coats.
Like most metallics, 757 shows some brush marks, but other than that it applied very well and even. The brush is nicely flat and soft. I especially like how thin I can get each coat.

Here’s MNY 757 in two coats without top coat:

And this is 757 in three coats with Seche Vite:

After the base was mostly dry I used my black liner to paint parallelish curved lines on my nails and then added rows of dots with the pen tip thingy. Another coat of Seche Vite and the mani’s finished.

I was going to do something more complicated, but then I fell a-nap and that’s never good. The sleepiness just gets worse. So I settled down with the last few episodes of The Guild (highly recommended) in preparation for the upcoming fourth season and painted relatively randomly.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...