Tuesday, July 6, 2010

NotD – Sideways Gradient

This is what happens when I do my nails randomly:
‘Hm, that blackish polish looks nice.’ *applies*
‘Some silver might go well with that.’ *paints*
‘Something’s missing’… *glitterises*

This is what I used today:

  • OPI Nail Envy
  • essence colour&go 21 fabuless
  • LOOK by BIPA nail tattoo liner 1 silver
  • essence multi dimension 19 rock ‘n’ roll
  • Seche Vite

I started with my usual routine: two coats of Nail Envy, three of fabuless and one of Seche Vite.

fabuless is another example of my beloved sparkly charcoals. The base may be black, but due to the silver shimmer and multicoloured microglitter it just looks like a dark, dark grey. I’m not quite happy with the opacity, fabuless needs at least three coats, two were quite patchy.
This polish is a pain to apply, it’s streaky and patchy, but when it’s even it’s lovely. I generally like the flat brush in essence’s colour&go polishes and I really don’t want to imagine how hard fabuless would be to apply with a sucky brush.

This is fabuless in two coats without top coat:

And here is fabuless in three coats with Seche Vite. I still haven’t gotten around to buying a new lamp, so flash only:

After the base colour had dried I used my silver liner to apply parallel lines all over my nails. I painted them across the whole length of the nail on the outer edge of the nail and shortened them as I moved towards the inner edge.

Then I decided to do a sideways gradient using a simple silvery glitter polish. I started at the outer edge, painting only a quarter of my nail and added another quarter of the nail’s width with each coat. Another coat of Seche Vite and my manicure was done.

How would you align a gradient glitter manicure?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...