Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Swatch – claire’s magenta and blue glitter polish

Shame on you, claire’s. Once again I have to invent a descriptive designation for an unnamed nail polish. Names don’t have to be witty or funny, ‘magenta glitter’ or ‘pastel green’ are fine. Hell, I’d even take ‘C782,’ ‘91.7’ or ‘CXIV.’ Just give me something to work with.
Anyway, let’s get to the swatch.

claire’s magenta and blue glitter nail polish

This polish is definitely a layering polish, but I thought I’d swatch it by itself anyway. Like many glitter polishes it has a slightly gloopy base and I have to say, it works: the glitter isn’t settling at all (unlike China Glaze’s glitters, which always have to be shaken vigorously). The base is an extremely sheer dark muted blue, which is interesting, but does limit the layering possibilities - just imagine this over a pale yellow. Actually, I might have to try that, it might be awesomely ugly. The bright magenta and blue glitter looks more dense in the bottle than on the nail. If you want an opaque nail, you’ll definitely need to apply a base colour.
The application was painless and very neat. Though this bottle still has the round brush, it’s soft, flexible and easy to control.
The versatility of this glitter polish is only limited by its base’s blue colour. It’s not sheer enough to be universally layerable, nor is it noticeable enough to be truly interesting. But overall I like the vivid glitter for its rarity. I really need to try this over blacks, blues, greens, pinks…

This is claire’s magenta and blue glitter nail polish in two coats without top coat:

And here is claire’s magenta and blue glitter nail polish in four coats with Seche Vite:

I’m so looking forward to trying the blue and emerald versions I also bought.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...