Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Swatch – essence show your feet 11 catwalk pink

My manicures last strangely long these days, i.e. longer than my usual two days, so I think I will have to slip in more swatch posts. Today’s polish didn’t make me happy.

essence show your feet 11 catwalk pink

I adore this colour, a dark purply magenta-ish pink base with plenty of magenta, purple and bright blue microglitter. This combination isn’t unique – I found two similar polishes without even searching in my relatively small stash of purples – but catwalk pink sure is pretty. The opacity is underwhelming, three coats left me with sporadically visible nail lines.
The only good thing about the application is the flat, supple brush. Sadly it could not make up for the less than stellar formula. catwalk pink applied streaky and patchy, it barely evened out in three coats. I could live with application issues, but what really frustrated me: chips after just a few hours.
Maybe this polish lasts for a week on other people (if so: yay!) and essence’s polishes are cheap enough to allow experimentation without breaking the bank, but I can’t recommend catwalk pink.

This is catwalk pink in two coats without top coat:

And this is catwalk pink in three coats, sealed with Seche Vite:

If you’ve tried this polish, I’d love to hear if it disagreed with you, too.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...