Tuesday, August 3, 2010

NotD – Less Than Dainty

Green again, who’d have thunk?

This is what I used today:

  • OPI Nail Envy
  • OPI Green-wich Village
  • essence Return to Paradise 03 back to paradise
  • Seche Vite

I started by applying one coat of Nail Envy, three of Green-wich Village and one of Seche Vite.

Green-wich Village is a happy, fresh, bright green crème polish. The colour reminds me of my favourite coloured pencil (not that I remember what it was called). This polish is rather thin and sheer, four coats should be fully opaque. I only used three as the pattern disguised the VNL (and I’m not an absolute VNL-hater anyway).
The first coat of Green-wich Village went on very streaky, but the polish evened out nicely from the second coat on. Other than that I found it easy to apply, once again taking note of OPI’s lovely flat brush. I think this polish is a must-have for anyone who loves green nail polish.

Here is Green-wich Village in two coats without top coat:

And this is Green-wich Village in three coats with Seche Vite:

After the base colour had solidified I used back to paradise to paint part of each nail in this gorgeous dark green and added a row of bold dots parallel to the curved line. Then I sealed the polish with a coat of Seche Vite.

I haven’t swatched my Return to Paradise polishes yet and for once I’m actually looking forward to it. The polishes look amazing.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...