Wednesday, August 11, 2010

NotD – Metal Bloom

In an incredibly smart move I removed my nail polish last night round 2:45 am. Bright cookie, ain’t I? The main issue being that I know naked nails or just basecoated ones always tear on me and I already had three patches.
Therefore GeniusPear went and painted her nails with a girly floral french manicure. Kind of.

This is what I used for this design:

  • OPI Nail Envy
  • China Glaze Watermelon RInd
  • China Glaze Millennium
  • China Glaze Sour Apple
  • Seche Vite

Needless to say - but I shall do so anyway – I started with a coat of Nail Envy, followed by three of Watermelon Rind and one of Seche Vite.

Watermelon Rind is one of the gorgeous sparklies found in China Glaze’s Summer Days collection. It’s a glass-flecked bluey green jelly and not very opaque. Three coats still show the nail line from some angles.
Though the first coat was very streaky, the application was lovely and smooth. Watermelon Rind applied evenly and free of brush marks and though I don’t love China Glaze’s round brush it worked very well.
Overall this is another must-have polish. I find the colour especially flattering for fair-skinned folks.

This is Watermelon Rind in two coats without top coat (please excuse the dry cuticles and ignore the uneven spot on my middle finger, that’s a patch showing through):

And here is Watermelon Rind in three coats with Seche Vite:

When the base colour was firm enough to work on I used Millennium to paint the tips and added flowers with a dotting tool. I cheated a bit and elongated my nail bed by making the silver stripe narrower than my own free tip.

Then I added a very skinny line at the edge of the nail and another dot into the centre of each flower with Sour Apple.

I love the contrast between Watermelon Rind and Sour Apple. What do you think?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...