Sunday, September 5, 2010

Barely More Than A Swatch – claire’s Minty Jade

Are you guys over the minties yet? I sure am not. These colours tempt me whenever I see a shade I don’t yet own.

claire’s Minty Jade (as I have dubbed this unnamed colour) is a bright shade between jade and mint – it looks a tad more turquoise-y in the photos - with fine and very subtle silvery shimmer. I’m sure there’s a dupe somewhere but sadly I don’t know all minty polishes. The opacity is average, three coats are needed for full coverage.
This polish applies pretty well, it can’t quite disguise the unevenness from my patches, but I guess that’s a lot to ask. I also had a bit of bubbling, but I haven’t been using my base coat very long, so that might be at fault, too. Minty Jade has claire’s round brush, which is useable.
The formula isn’t all that great, but I love the colour. Only recommended if you have the patience for careful application.

This is Minty Jade in two coats without top coat:

And here’s Minty Jade in three coats with Seche Vite:

I was so lazy today, so I just added a few cute nail stickers and another coat of Seche Vite. While I like how easy it is to embellish nails with stickers I find them relatively expensive for single-use items. These don’t even have a brand, I got them on sale at BIPA and a single sheet still cost € 1.49 (They might have been cheaper if the backing hadn’t been Kodak Endura paper, doncha think?).

Tell me about your favourite nail stickers or decals! Do you prefer stickers, water decals or any of the full-coverage nail foils and whatnot?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...