Thursday, September 16, 2010

NotD - Absolutely Stylish Indeed

Brown nails with pink and green rhinestones… this should be so wrong, right? No, it’s absolutely stylish!
I know I said that I wanted to do something more elaborate today, but I really wanted to try this polish and it just screamed at me to add some sparklez.

This is what I used today:

  • Sally Hansen Diamond Strength
  • essence colour&go 40 absolutely stylish (from the “we saw it first” trend edition)
  • Seche Vite
  • rhinestones in green and pink ;-)

First, I applied one coat of Diamond Strength, three of absolutely stylish and sealed the base colour with Seche Vite.

absolutely stylish is a brown that I can really appreciate, and few of these shades appeal to me. It’s a dark, chocolate brown crème polish with green and pink glitter and some of that glitter looks a bit like tiny flakes, all irregular. So pretty (it might have been even better with a jelly base). absolutely stylish is quite opaque, two coats will do nicely.
This polish applied very well, the first coat was almost even, the second one perfect. absolutely stylish is rather viscous, as most colour&go polishes tend to be, so careless application might lead to ridges, but a good top coat will even that out. The flat brush also helps to minimise marks and streaks.
I adore this colour and highly recommend it (there'll be a bottle in my upcoming giveaway, come back in a week to find out more!). It’s unusual in a subtle way.

This is absolutely stylish in two coats without top coat:

And this is absolutely stylish in three coats with Seche Vite:

I was torn after finishing the application, the polish looks amazing worn plain and I knew that it would also look fab with some rhinestones, so that’s what I did. If you use Seche Vite to apply rhinestones or other kinds of embellishments, remember to press them in right after you apply the top coat. If you paint all fingers and then try to add the crystals, the SV will have dried already.
After I added the rhinestones I sealed them with two coats of Seche Vite. Instant triple-thick nail.

Now that you’ve seen three “we saw it first” polishes, help me to figure the fourth one out: If you visit the essence homepage you’ll see an image of four polishes, the three I’ve swatched so far and an orangey-coral one, which matches the one found in the display: 22 what do u think? (not new at all). However, the one listed in the text is 04 space queen (even less new). So the information is conflicting and neither of these polishes is new, which I had sort of expected. Then again, neither is the smokey eyes set (which I really don’t like, btw. Buy the denim wanted! gel liners instead).

What are your feelings about these colours? Which ones appeal to you?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...