Thursday, September 9, 2010

NotD – Crackled Again

Yeah, I’m really liking this cracked polish looks right now. I happened to grab a few fake nails to try a few polishes as a base for the Graffiti Nail Top and one of the combinations was so awesome I had to put it on today.
Also, I (obviously) chopped my nails down and got rid of a couple of patches, hopefully I’ll be done with patching for now in a couple of weeks.

Here’s what I used today:

  • Sally Hansen Diamond Strength
  • s-he 375
  • IsaDora Graffiti Nail Top 806 Subway Green
  • Seche Vite

First I did my usual base application, one coat of Diamond Strength, three of s-he 375 and one of Seche Vite.

s-he 375 is a truly fascinating colour. It’s a semi-sheer pastel lilac with a strong pink, almost a cool fuchsia, iridescence. I almost walked past this until I caught that flash of pink. As this is semi-sheer, two coats show the free tip very clearly. With three coats it’s still visible, but not glaringly obvious. Like so often, the light purple colour appears more blue-toned than it is in the photos and the pink elements look more peachy.
This polish was one of the smoothest drugstore polishes I’ve applied. It was free of streaks in two coats and already quite even in one coat. The texture is and viscosity were great, as well, 375 didn’t pool or drag. The round brush isn’t one of my favourites, but it does what it’s supposed to. ;-)
I love how much this polish brightens my nails, you can’t tell how gross and stained they are. If you apply it 375 very carefully to avoid streaks, a single coat would be lovely for a natural almost-french tip.

This is s-he 375 in two coats without top coat:

And here is s-he 375 in three coats with Seche Vite:

After a couple of minutes I applied a thin coat of Subway Green on each nail, trying to use as few strokes as possible – T found the official instructions for me. When that coat was dry and polish had stopped contracting I added two more coats of Seche Vite.

I love the contrast between the pale iridescent pink/purple and the dark green. (I think I might pick up a bottle of s-he 375 for my upcoming giveaway.) What base colour would you pair with Subway Green and what colour combination would be most awesome?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...